Then while contemplating the overall design I realized I could have the one piece that was giving me the most indecision be exchangeable. That way it is always a work in progress. I can always change it out when a new product or technique comes along or I want a change. The piece you see tucked behind the ribbon is removable. So when I'm ready for a change, it will be moved to the inside pages and a new "Inspired by Tim" project will take it's place. So it's not finished yet. It will always be a work in progress. But I am very happy with the results.
The ribbons are dyed with Distress Stains and wrap around the journal to tie it shut. The Ideology pieces are colored with alcohol inks using the white mixative to give them the lovely patina. The R is using grungeboard with paint dabbers for the block and Distress Crackle Paint for the R. The Star and the Fleur de Lis are on ribbon tied to the spiral in the spine and will be used as bookmarks inside the journal. The removable quote on front is stamped on half a page torn from inside the journal and uses perfect pearls, distress inks with the blending tool and stamps. The black ink is Archival Jet Black. I just added a piece of smaller card stock to the back of the tag to give it a little more stability and used a couple of mini glue dots to keep it in place for now.