Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Tags! Day 3

Really Different
Sometimes it's best not to have ALL of Tim's great products. Really? No, but if I can't have them all at least I am learning from the experience. It does help that I have been following 12 Tags since they started in 2007 and that I do have a lot of Tim's Stuff.

I love the Tag Tim created for day 3. Not having everything and wanting to follow his tag as closely as I could had me rumbling through my stash and coming up with some new ideas, drawing on things I have learned from Tim and a few other sources and mixing them all up and coming up with what you see here.

I did have the embossing folder Tim used but not the stamp. I did have some  Cut-n-Dry Stamp Pad Felt and reinkers but not the colors he used. I did have the alcohol inks and clear gem stones and pearls but not the Festive Greenery Sizzix die.

German Paper from Tim
What I did have was a mini stamp version of the stamp he used in year 1 when he created a tag on Day 4 using this technique and some german paper I won from him that year.

I inked my embossing folder on the side that had the recessed images with Iced Spruce and embossed my tag. This gave me the embossed image with the background inked.  Then I cleaned off the folder an inked it with Evergreen Bough turning a second  tag in the direction Tim used when stamping to get the bottom section of the tag. I pieced the two together and added the German Paper to cover the seam. Now I had my Tim inspired but different background for my tag.

Inspired from 2007
I decided for the Cut-n-Dry technique to use a stamp from Mini Holidays CMS 066 that was the mini version of the stamp that Tim used the first year when using this technique on Day 4. I didn't have the same color reinkers he used that year but I think the colors I had to choose from go well with the Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough. Since I had my Cut-n-Dry custom ink pad, I was able to stamp the image several times and layer them just like Tim did way back in 2007.

Just a snip between waves and wavy twine
The silver bells I used were really old and a little brassy looking. I quickly transformed them to a beautiful silver using the Silver Mixative Alcohol Ink. The pine sprig is from the pinecone die and the holly leaves are hand cut. The twine was ribbon. The heat tool made it curly but it was too bulky for the tag so I clipped the stitching between the waves and pulled it loose. I liked the effect.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

WOW Ruby!!! This tag is FABULOUS!!! SO much detail to adore WOW!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...