|Compendium of Curiosity Challenge # 21|
I had participated in the last couple of challenges and decided to join in on this challenge too. I had fun with the technique and made 3 different backgrounds. I used basically the same colors and stamps but changed up which element got what color. Each background had things I liked about it and I finally picked one for my project only to change my mind half way through. Fortunately all of my elements hang from a couple of chains through the top of the tag so it was simple to switch out the background.
One of the things I wanted to do was use all the stamps from one stamp set on my project. I selected Tim Holtz Royal Script CMS016 from Stampers Anonymous. The colors of Distress Ink I used were Old Paper, Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint.
I used Sizzix Premium Crease pad when cutting the tag out of vellum. It keeps the paper from tearing or cutting on the crease lines. I stamped the crown on the front of the Vellum and embossed with Ranger's Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder. I used Spun Sugar Distress Marker to pick up Dusty Concord Distress Marker scribbled on the non stick craft sheet to color and blend the border on the back side of the vellum to frame it.
|I wish you could see the sparkle!|
The foil letters are die cut from Tim's Alterations Carnivale for WISH. They were then embossed with the embossing folder (also using the Premium Crease Pad) and painted with Spun Sugar Distress Paint. Once dry the letters were lightly sanded and inked with Victorian Velvet and heat set. Then I use Spun Sugar and Seedless Preserves to color a torn strip of manilla tag adding the letters to it and pop dotting the strip on top of the vellum under the crown.
I used silver mixative to alter the ball chain, fleur-de-lis and the jump rings so they would complement the pearls which had silver findings. I was able to easily cut the ball chain to the lengths I needed with Tim's tonic scissors and then add the pearls with the jump rings. I just punched small holes in the center top and bottom of the vellum and put everything together.
|I started with the background on the left but switched to the one on the right.|
Of course there is also a Curiosity Crew Pick who wins an amazing prize from Tim and Mario and the fun of playing along. As always I encourage you to check out the lovely inspiration at the challenge post here.