Friday, April 10, 2015

Fly with Courage. Frameworks - CC3C Challenge 25

Linda Ledbetter's  Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge # 25 comes to a close tonight and I have finished my tag. The challenge is to open your copy of "Compendium of Curiosity Volume 3" by Tim Holtz, turn to page 64 for Tim's instructions and tips on how to use his Frameworks die. Then create something fun and link it up to Linda's Blog.

Inspiration Emporium is the sponsor for the challenge and one lucky winner will receive a $50 gift certificate. There is also a Curiosity Crew Choice winner who gets an amazing box of goodies that Tim and Mario donated along with a badge for their blog and one more person gets an honorable mention along with a badge for their blog.

I've had so much fun with my Frameworks die that I was working on 3 different backgrounds at the same time. I have one background I like too much to cover up yet and one that I am definitely seeing some definite possibilities for and the one you see here.

Botanical Sketch.
The one I decided to go with for the challenge is the one that everything just seemed to pull together on. Once I got to a certain point I just couldn't stop. The background of the tag was created using Tim's wrinkle free distress technique in a variety of blues. Then I used a section of the Botanical Sketch Stamp CMS216 and Chipped Sapphire to stamp the edges on both sides of the tag then embossed with Antiquities Frosted Crystal from Ranger. This adds dimension without the gloss and I love the feel.  I inked up a ribbon and ran it down the center of the tag to cover the gap.

The next step was to use the Framework die so check out Tim's book for the instructions.

I used all the butterflies from Thrift Shop Ephemera Pack. I used Distress Markers and a water brush to colorize the front and back of the butterflies, and the edges of the wings. I shaped the body and wings to give them more dimension. The largest is up on 2 sets of pop dots. The Oval and smaller butterflies are on one layer of pop dots. You can see the back of the butterfly wings reflecting in the mirrors.  I also used Industrious Stickers, Remnant Rubs, and paper twine.

I love my Distress Inks. Whether using ink pads, markers, stains or sprays, there are so many ways to apply and alter these amazing inks to paper, fabric, ribbon, twine and more.

If you are looking for more inspiration for Framework dies check out what the Curiosity Crew did at Linda's blog. You'll find more amazing pieces of art. Tags, cards, art journal page and a canvas. You can also find inspiration in Tim's books and on his blog. Oh! I was testing the link and this just saw this! He just posted on his blog this morning that he has 4 new products! Got to Go and watch the product videos!
You'll be seeing the backgrounds on the left and right soon!
have courage, FLY!

Edited to Add that I did finish the brown background. I used it to create my April tag inspired by Tim's 12 Tags of 2015. You can see it here.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ruby, Love your tag. The blues are gorgeous and I liked the way you used the Frameworks die in the background. Just beautiful!

Yvonne said...

Ruby, this is amazing. I love the colors and the whole layout! Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...