Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Little Yellow Bicycle Poppy


To Thank our Heros - my first Any Hero Cards
I met with some of my friends at my local Archiver's to scrap. They scrapped, I worked on cards for OWH. I'm overdue for sending in cards. I was working with my scrap papers and decided I wanted to get something new to work with. When I saw the "Poppy" line from Little Yellow Bicycle I fell in Love. The colors are bright, cheerful and summery. The flowers, butterflies and embellishments are adorable. I started with 2 pieces of double sided paper, a pack of journaling cards and a sheet of washi tape. I also picked up some of Ranger's Adirondack Red Pepper embossing powder. The color is perfect for this paper line.

I had 5 stamp sets with me. Tim Holtz's Way With Words from Stampers Anonymous, my OWH Hero Arts sets (CL583 Right At Home,  CL582 Year Round Sentiments and CL584 All The Time) and WTG Godspeed by My Favorite Things.

The artwork on the paper inspired most of my cards. It is double sided, so I was able to get quite a few cards with different looks. I used a few punches, a few pieces of card stock and orange vellum. The popped up Poppies were cut from the pattern paper.

This final card was inspired by a card Lin at Sending Hugs made using Washi tape to create the background. You can see her card here. This is the reason I bought the package of LYB Poppy washi tape. I wanted to try this technique out. The flower is from the pack of journal cards. The orange is varnished so I stamped the clock face with StaysOn. Since the flower is irregular in shape I used a watercolor to fill in the outside circle on the clock, then went over it with Versamark and clear embossing powder to even out the inner circle.The hear in the center is embossed with the Red Pepper embossing powder from Range. I made these cards and the ones from Jane E's sketch and still have a little pattern paper left over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...