Sunday, May 31, 2015

Last Day for Tim's May 12 Tags of 2015

I'm not the only one to wait to the last day to post my version of Tim's May 12 Tags of 2015. Many of the blogs I follow were posting their May tag yesterday and today too.

I don't have some of the products Tim used. Of course not having a particular product doesn't mean I can't make Tim's tag. I just have to be more creative. So instead of Burlap (which really looks fun to work with) I used his Burlap Texture fade and a Kraft tag. There were a few other things I don't have but they are on my wish list. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and get creative.

I used Abandoned Coral and Spun Sugar stain on the ribbon. The Chit Chat letters are colored with Distress Markers. The foliage is from Tim's Christmas Cardinal die. The musical notes are Remnant Rubs. The Singing bird, the 45¢ and the Crown savings stamps are from the Thrift Shop ephemera pack but the Nests and Eggs image is clipped from the 3x3 designs in the Wallflower Paper Stash. The eggs are colored with a Cracked Pistachio Distress Marker. I also used Idea-ology embellishments.

One thing I have been busy working on this week is my collection portfolio. I love Tim's Wallflower Paper Stash so that's what I'm using for my folio.  I am making lots of little pockets to add throughout the pages. I decided that once I made my May tag I could turn it into a pocket too.

After I finished my tag, I made an little bag out of Melange Tissue Wrap and glued the tag to the front with glossy accents.
The back of the bag is reinforced with a sheet of cream cardstock. The card is cut the same size as the bag. I used the flourish stencil and applied Walnut Stain distress ink with the mini blending tool. The cardstock was larger than the stencil so I turned the stencil sideways so I could apply the ink edge to edge.  One thing I quickly discovered was that the pattern repeated from side to side, overlapping by about a 1/4".  If you look closely at the small picture of the stencil you'll see the edge of the stencil under my thumb and that the area already inked is lining up with the stencil after I repositioned it further down the card.

I used the Mini Baroque Movers and Shapers die to cut a topper for the card. I cut it in half, inked it up and glued it to the top of the card then glued the card to the back of the bag.


You can check out Tim's tag here.

1 comment:

Jac Desordre said...

I think your version is brillant, love the changes you have made, great make x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...