Friday, September 23, 2011

Catching Up is Fun to do!


Rock Candy Crackle and Distress Stains
I have been away on a trip with my daughter and we had a wonderful time but now we are back and NOW it is time to play with my inks! I didn't take any supplies with me but I checked in via the internet every morning to find out what was going on with my Online Card Classes class "Inspiration Showcase" by Jennifer McGuire.

Every morning I saw beautiful techniques and beautiful cards. So today is my day to play in my studio and have fun putting all those new ideas to paper.

Jennifer posted the most beautiful card today and

I originally found out about the class from Tim Holtz's blog. I was very excited when the day came for Tim's guest instructor spot. The photo you see here is from day 6 when Tim Holtz was the guest instructor. I love this technique. You coat grunge board with Rock Candy Distress Crackle and let it dry completely. Then dab on the distress stains and the color just wants to puddle up on top. That's fine because all you do is heat it with a heat tool and "bake" it into the crackle. Of course once you heat set it you can layer on more stain and heat some more. Glossy, beautiful, cracked up color. I love it! I even used the white picket fence stain on the little skull and crossbones with a little weathered wood and bundled sage.

I am sad because today is the last day of class. I am happy because I have so many things to try out now in my studio. There is just so many ideas, tips and techniques that Jennifer shared with us in this class.

Jennifer also had a wonderful selection of guest instructors in addition to Tim Holtz. She listed them as follows:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...