Wednesday, September 7, 2011


I am a big Tim Holtz fan. I love his blog and his products. I recently won one of his new journals from his District Market line and I love it. (thanks tim and mario!) It has a fabric wrapped cover with gorgeous embossed metal corners. It is a spiral notebook and has kraft paper pages. I have great plans to decorate the cover and use it as a handy reference for techniques, ideas and my stash list. I also won 3 of his distress stains and plan on using them inside the journal. You'll probably see a picture of the decorated cover here soon.

Tim will also be one of the guest teachers in the Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase Class I signed up for yesterday. Of course I heard about it from Tim's blog. I have only taken one online class before but enjoyed it. Usually they are more than my budget can withstand but this one was very reasonably priced, and I have most of the supplies on hand. This class looks like it will be very interactive and fun. Jennifer is also a Hero Arts artist and has her own blog, Jennifer McGuire Ink, so you can check here out there. She does beautiful work. Registration is closed for the class now but Tim will be having a random drawing for 3 spots. Just just post a comment on his blog by Tuesday 9/6 at 12:00PM MST. He is in Holland teaching but when he gets back he'll have the drawing so Good Luck!

Speaking of Tim (again) I was checking out some other blogs and found that there is a weekly challenge called GrungyMondays that I think I may just have to start participating in. It is a Tim Holtz technique challenge that is on the Studio L3 blog. Being a big Tim Holtz fan I really enjoyed looking at all the challenge entries so far to see how other artist are using his techniques and products.  I'm adding the blinkie to the sidebar because it just looks so cool and if you're interested in the challenge you can find it easily. When I post my challenge project, I'll post it here too.

One other blog I found today was Creations By Christie She has a great video where she is making charms with Tim Holtz Fragments and his paper and I love the way she finishes off the backs of her charms. If you have thought about using the fragments to make charms, you'll probably want to check it out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...