Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Challenge! Too Much Fun! Grungy Monday 26

Santa's Wishing You A Merry Christmas

Yes! I have completed my Tag for Studio L3 Grungy Monday 26 challenge for this week. I was very excited when I saw Linda had selected one of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas for the challenge. We didn't have to make a Christmas Tag. Just create a project using the techniques of that post. But I love Christmas so I pulled out my Christmas stamps and got started. Here is my tag.

The materials used for this Tag were: Tim Holtz Idea-ology clear mask; Picket Fence Paint Dabber; Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries Distress Inks; Archival Jet Black Ink; Gold Embossing Powder; Peeled Paint Distress Stickles; Candy Cane Stickles; a little strip of German Paper and miscellaneous ribbon. My "Santa" and "Merry Christmas" stamps are from the "Santa's Wish CMS 032" set and the "Long Tall Pine Trees" behind Santa's head are from the "Reindeer Flight CMS 052" stamp set. Both from Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection.

If you want to check out the inspiration for my tag check out Tim's tag from Day 7 of  The Twelve Tags of Christmas 2009 click here. Tim explains all the techniques and has pictures detailing each step. I cut more pieces for my mask since the stamp I used has more details and used different colors (The Winter Seasonal Inks are new) but otherwise I pretty much just followed his instructions for the techniques.

You still have time to create a project for Grungy Monday. To get the details go to Linda's blog by clicking here. While you're there check out her wonderful tag and all the other projects that the other talented artist are posting. The challenge ends this Sunday, November 13, 80pm MDT.


One last thing. I was visiting Tim's blog today and He was really excited to share a link to Tammy Tutterow's blog. So of course I had to check it out. Tammy has Tuesday Tutorials and shared a really cool technique using Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and Dry Embossing. I took a look and I think it Rocks! She calls it Frosty De-boss. Check it out here.

8 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

lovely tag,santa's face really 'pops' out but the bachground id super
thanks for sharing
janet

Stamped Impressions said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, the colours are lovely! x

Shelly Hickox said...

Your tag is breathtaking - better than the original!!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Ruby.....beautiful, fantastic i love this, the santa image is great wished i got that image now ..... and wished i had some of that gold embossing powder....your colours are great . x

Sandra said...

Wow! I just love your richy tag! The colors are beautiful and it has so many details. Very pretty!

Maggie said...

Gorgeous tag love your Santa image and your use of the tecniques!

Terry said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love every little detail in this tag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...