Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge # 97

These are for the weekly card sketch challenge at Stars and Stamps. Yesterday I posted a Red Shimmer card and the other cards I had put together but not finished. I finished the other shimmer cards the same way I did the first one but wanted to do something different for the pink cards.

Notice the white panel?
Originally I thought I would stamp an image to color where the white panel was but the balance was off. I quickly realized that while the white panel worked for the shimmer cards, it was not working with these bold pastels.  I decided to replace it with another panel of pink dotted paper to balance the one in the lower right corner. The paper is from a Anna Griffin Margot Carkstock pack that I have had for some time. I used Vintage Photo direct to paper lightly on the edges of each rectangle and the front of the card. The white scallop oval is a McGill punch and the stamp is Autumn Leaves AL3381 "Between The Lines". I use Archival Jet Black ink from Ranger. I colored the image with Staedtler Watercolor pencils and a Dove Blender. The edges of the scallop are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Inks and my blending tool.

Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge # 97
So now I have a total of 16 cards I have made for Operation Write Home. 12 of these are Love theme. I have until December 10th to send in Love theme cards for the Archway + OWH Special Mission. They will match up to 5000 Love theme cards with packs of cookies to send to our Troops. So if you hadn't already heard about this mission, now you know why I have been making Love cards when everyone else is making Christmas cards. I'm going to go ahead and send these off to Operation Write Home for the Archway Cookies promotion.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...