Friday, November 11, 2011

Operation Write Home Blog Hop

Today has been a very busy day which is why I am posting so late. I wanted to make sure you all knew about the Operation Write Home Blog Hop. If you haven't heard of Operation Write Home this is a great way to find out about them and see some great ideas for some cards. If you love to make cards and support our troops this is a great site to find out how you can create and donate cards to be sent to our troops so they can use the cards to write home.

I've created this card to send in to Operation Write Home. I'll be making some more too. It's too late to donate Christmas cards for this season, but they are asking for Valentine Day Cards, Thinking of You or Missing You themes.

Since we can't use glitter on cards for the troops I used Gold embossing powder and applied it to the distressed inked edges of the hearts and lower edge of card to give it a little shine and texture. I also used Picket Fence Distress stain to tone down colors in background pattern paper and card stock so the hearts would stand out more. The pattern paper is Basic Grey Bittersweet. The gold embossed hearts were stamped along the bottom with HeroArts stamp F 3798 "Wavy Hearts". The the large solid hearts in the center are from the Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Die Cut "Heart Wings". The scallop circle  are a Quickutz die, I believe it is called "stacking flowers". I also used the Fiskars Treading water border punch and pleated the paper. I used Antique Linen Distress Ink to distress the edges.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...