Saturday, November 26, 2011

I Love Grungy Monday 28

Alcohol Inks and Embossed Foil
Grungy Monday 28 at Studio L3 is a wonderful challenge to use Alcohol Inks and Foil Embossing using Tim Holtz fantastic Fall Pumpkin as inspiration. You can find Tim's Pumpkin here on his blog. He has a wonderful tutorial telling you exactly how he created his pumpkin. You can find Linda Ledbetter's beautiful Tim inspired milk carton gift box and the challenge for this week here.

You may recognize my butterfly from earlier in the week when I created it and posted it on my blog. I made my butterfly by covering  one of Tim's grungeboard butterflies with the foil and running it through my Big Shot with the Regal Flourishes embossing folder. Then I dripped on alcohol inks letting them dry between colors and although you can't see it here direct to foil Archival jet black ink on the raised areas. It really accents the alcohol inks. The body of the butterfly is a stick pen from Making Memories also covered in alcohol ink and the wings are connected with wire and tiny attacher staples. One thing you couldn't see before are the butterfly's antennae. They are light weight wire that is wrapped tightly around the wire ring at the top of the stick pin with the ends sticking out on each end to form the antennae. The light blue flower behind them helps to show them off.

Today I finished my project by covering the frame with the Inkssentials adhesive foil and embossing it with the Damask embossing folder from the same set. I already had this Chipboard Frame from a Making Memories kit. I used the alcohol inks and Archival Jet Black Ink per Tim's instructions.

The flowers are Grungeboard die cut from Tim's Tattered Floral Die. I used Rock Candy Distress Stickles and Distress Stains with a technique I learned from Tim when he was guest instructor in Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase class. The stickpin butterfly is pushed through the foam dots used to layer the flower with the big pearl.

The picture in the frame is one of my favorites of a trip I took with my daughter Valerie to the Chattanooga Aquarium in 2007. They have a wonderful Aquarium and a beautiful Butterfly Garden. I will always think of their Butterfly Garden when I think of Chattanooga.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Be sure to leave a comment if you have time. Now I'm going to go and check out the other entries posted on Linda's blog. So far there are 23, but the challenge is open until tomorrow, Sunday November 27th at 8pm MDT. I really enjoy Linda's Grungy Mondays Challenge.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Beautifully done!

Shelann said...

Beautiful frame. We pay big bucks for these in the stores...

Hettie said...

Gorgeous frame there and nice picture too. Thanks for your visit.

Terry said...

What a great way to capture a treasured moment! Love this frame!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...