Monday, November 7, 2011

Grundy Monday 25

Roy and Betty Albea
Linda's Grungy Monday 25 Challenge last week made me think. The challenge:  "Use your favorite Tim Holtz products to create a loving tribute to a friend, relative or inspiring person who's passed away." I thought all week long about my parents. I miss them so much because I love them so much. I thought about their life, how much they loved each other and how much they loved their children, grandchildren and yes even great-grandchildren.

detail of film strip ribbon
I also thought a lot about the page I wanted to make for them. I thought about the photos I would use and while I worked on other things I thought about what products I would use. I thought about it so much I didn't finish in time. I finally finished it up this morning. It was a joy to work on this challenge. I find that working on a memorial page to someone that has been taken away brings them closer to me and instead of dwelling on my loss, I can remember the wonderful times I had with them.

Once the crackle dries use distress inks
Here is a list of Tim's products I used: Grungepaper and Grungeboard. Picket Fence, Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick Crackle Paint. Idea-ology Filmstrip Ribbon. Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Die Heart Wings. Distress Inks Iced Spruce (from the winter seasonal distress ink set) on the wings. Also used Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen Distress Inks and the Flourish mask on the background. Rock Candy Distress Stickles. Glossy Accents.All paper except the velum is the Valentine theme paper from Tim's Seasonal Paper pack.The little bits of pink ribbon is from my stash.

I love Tim Holtz's products. I also love to watch him demo them. To see Tim's Videos on Crackle Paint, Distress Inks and more click here. To visit his blog click here.

I hope you visit Linda's Grungy Monday 25 Challenge and see some of the wonderful tributes the other ladies did. They are beautiful. While you're there, check out her current challenge. This week, Grungy Monday 26, the challenge is to used techniques from a tag Linda selected from one of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas. I love Tim's 12 Tags and would love to tell you all about it but I'm saving that for another post. I've got to get busy. I'm not going to miss this week's challenge. It is going to be too much fun!

2 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful and touching tribute to your parents! How wonderful that we were blessed with such great parents! Linda caused many of us to get in touch with much needed feelings! Thank you so much for following my blog!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is a beautiful layout! I love the way you've included extra photos of your parents behind the filmstrip. A great tribute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...