Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Golden Sand

Big Owl Embossed with Golden Sand Embossing Powder
Today I worked on another card using my favorite Hero Arts stamp (Big Owl) along with my favorite inks (Tim Holtz distress inks).

The embossing powder is by Stampendous and is called Golden Sand. It is a creamy color with brown and gold flecks. I had been wanting to try it with this stamp and maybe do a snowy owl, but once I started playing with the distress inks I just had too add more colors! I've used Vintage Photo, Faded Jean, Chipped Sapphire, Shabby Shutters and Worn Lipstick. Big Owl did look a little strange with his white eyes so I took a brown Slick Writer and colored in the pupils and the feet.

I had finished my owl and was going through my paper stash looking for paper I could use to make my card when I ran across an old favorite from SEI called Mini Memories. When I first started scrapbooking I made a small album using this paper line. I loved the colors and the geometric patterns. So many different variations. A collector's dream. I had a small bag with several sheets of paper and the alphabet stickers left.

After a little playing around with different combinations of paper and layout options, I settled on this one. To help the letters stand out, I outlined the stickers with a dotted line using a brown Zig Millennium marker. These are great fiber tip pens and made adding the dotted line simple and quick.

There are so many beautiful paper lines out now all with wonderful embellishments to make coordinating elements so easy. I really love being able to mix up things I already have on hand and having it come out so well. One more card for Operation Write Home!

1 comment:

Donna Hanley said...

This card is amazing. The owl is just outstanding with all those beautiful colors and the sentiment could not be cuter. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...