Thursday, November 10, 2011

Not so Quick Card

It's actually a pretty quick card except for the drying time. I designed this card using techniques I learned from Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas. The red ornament is a grungeboard piece from Tim's seasonal set. A few days ago I generously coated it with Pewter Distress Crackle Paint and left it to dry to a beautiful crackled but glossy finish.  Today I applied Red Pepper Alcohol ink. I placed a few drops on the ornament and used the felt applicator to get even coverage and then dropped some more on which quickly spread out to cover all of the ornament. By allowing it to spread out on it's own it dried to a very glossy finish. Alcohol inks dries very quickly. I only colored the circle part of the ornament. You can still see the pewter color on the ornament hanger.

The clear ornament on top of the red one is a round Fragment that I sanded to get a frosty look and then used clear embossing powder to emboss the snowflakes on it. I drilled a small hole near the top and trimmed off the grungboard bow and tied a ribbon bow.
Then I glue dotted the ribbon to the red ornament allowing the frosted fragment to swing freely.
close up of sanded fragment with clear embossing

I stamped the pine bough from Santa's Wish CMS 032 from Stampers Annymous Tim Holtz collection in Evergreen Bough Seasonal Distress Ink repeatedly on white cardstock.. The Merry Christmas is silver embossed from Hero Arts AR147 Merry Christmas which is a Clearly Archiver's by Hero Arts set from a few years back. After rounding the corners I added it to the front of a card I had covered with some Christmas paper from my stash.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...