Sunday, November 27, 2011

Clean and Simple

Clean and Simple
I kept seeing CAS on several blogs. Finally I found a tutorial on OWH that explained what it meant. Clean and Simple. I was intrigued and wanted to give it a try. I had this piece of  teal acetate in my stash and it was large enough to fold and trim for a standard card. I picked a ribbon to go with it and went from there. I folded a piece of white card stock and made a liner to go inside the card. It is just tied in with the ribbon. Then I picked out my set of Hero Arts hearts stamps. I stamped them on the white card stock with Archival Jet Black ink. Getting them lined up with the circles on the acetate was not as easy as I thought because they are individual wood blocks stamps. I even used my light box to lightly sketch the circles on the cardstock. I didn't want them to be perfectly centered or even in the exact same location inside the circle but close. I used watercolor pencils and a Dove Blender to color the hearts. I also stamped one Heart on the inside on the upper left hand corner.

I had to pull out my 2006 Hero Arts Catalog to find the info on this stamp set. I had them displayed on a shelf on my wall and didn't realize the blocks were not marked, just the box which I no longer have. They are LL 989 Heart Messages - Stencil Print (reg). The acetate is Mod Circles HO636 from Hambly Studios.

I think it qualifies for Clean and Simple, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...